Why is the payee being charged the fee??

lsc2020

When I send a payment, the receiver is being charged a service fee. How do I send them the amount and have the fee charged to me? I can't find a setting or option anywhere...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lsc2020 

The only way to do that is to use the friends / family option IF its available in your country.

HOWEVER its against paypal rules for you to use that option if you are sending payment for goods and if you do then you would have 0 buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lsc2020

Hi,

I am aware of the friends and family option (which I don't think is available in my country), but I don't understand the logic of forcing the receiver to incur the fee. I want to pay them a specific amount without having to figure out how much extra to pay so that after the fee, they receive the correct amount...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lsc2020 

If you are sending as goods / services then the 'seller' always pays the fee, so if that is the only option that you have to send then the receiver would pay the fee, not a lot you can do about that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.