Why does paypal call at 1:38, 2:38 and 3:38 in the morning?

riznob79
Contributor
Contributor

paypal.png

I attached images of my caller ID where I received a call from <moderated> (PayPal) at 1:38, 2:38 and 3:38 in the morning.  I would like to know why.  My images were deleted though, but I did find the same number on the paypal site.  Am I not allowed to sleep?  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-the-number-402-935-7733-showing-on-my-bank-or-cre...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

As this is a public community, no one here would have a clue as to why you're getting the calls - although the number might appear to be PayPal, there's a very good chance it's been spoofed (which is a very easy thing to do these days).   The exact same thing has been going with HP - people have been getting calls about their HP warranty and they are asking for your credit card details - the funny things is, many of these people don't own an HP product.   I know as I have received several of these calls.    If you're not convinced that calls are probably spoofed, you do have the option to reach out to PayPal via their Facebook or Twitter account as both are supported by PayPal employees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.