Why are paypal fees, hidden under texts and searches ????

dee50
Contributor
Contributor

Why are paypal fees, hidden under texts and searches ?

Paypal, why are you not upfront with a simple explanation of your fee charges. For example, search help, for " paypal fee cost on selling ", simple I want to know paypal fee for selling, search result " PayPal doesn't charge a fee to open a PayPal account. Sending money – Personal payments: There are no fees, within the UK, to send money in Pounds Sterling, to family and friends when you use your PayPal balance, debit  Eh ? New search " what is the sellers fee for selling on ebay and paying by paypal ? result "To learn more about selling with PayPal, go to our website and click Sell near the top of the page. Otherwise, have a read of the common questions below." 

Still no result. Where are the fee costs so private ebay sellers can work out their costs?

Is it because they are so costly it's hidden amongst reams of text ?  Please show a simple to find fee chart for private sellers on ebay who use paypal as their payment method..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dee50

Or just stick FEES into HELP and this comes up >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-fees-to-use-paypal-faq690

Then click on the word FEE and you get this..

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dee50
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the time you took to look at this,but, if you look at my comments, what youve shown I also find. 

What I and others want is simplicity. for example.

How much does pay pal charge me for selling an item on ebay while  using paypal to process the sale ?

I'm not looking to dig through docs !!  I want fees displayed in full view.

£50 fee = 5%

£1000 fee = 6%

etc.

Is that asking too much ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dee50

Ebay fees are a totally separate thing and Paypals fee UK > UK is 3.4% + 20p per transaction, can't get anymore simple than that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.