Why are chat agents always offline??

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Need to get in touch with Pay Pal Support, but no matter what I try, it is impossible for some reason....

I try to call, but the robot that answers the phone keeps cutting in and out, and will not even put me on hold to speak to someone.

I try the Message Center on my account page, but no matter what time it is the response when asking for an agent is always 'All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours.' The problem being that there is nothing showing business hours, and even if there was, I am pretty sure they would not answer.

I have even tried Facebook, but they never respond there either.

So, you cannot call them, because their phones are broken, you cannot chat with them, because their agents are always offline, and leaving a question on Facebook is a complete waste of effort, because they never even check their Facebook.

What in world are you supposed to do to reach these people please??

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zlloyd1 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages....if you don't have any luck keep trying.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zlloyd1 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages....if you don't have any luck keep trying.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I did finally manage to get ahold  of someone from Pay Pal on the phone, but only after being left on hold for like an hour and a half.... 😔

Still, as I said in my original posting, leaving a comment on Facebook is a complete waste of energy, as they do not even keep on top of their Facebook page at all, and so will never even see it. Although I do not use Twitter myself, I am going to assume that if they are not paying close attention to one, they are probably not watching any of them.

My posting was more about the supposed 'Chat Service' they pretend to offer never being available regardless of time of day, but giving you an automated response to try back during imaginary fictional service hours. The actual reason I needed to reach them was not truly crucial honestly, but the frustration of being told AGAIN to try back during office hours, was my reason for posting here.

I mean, if you do not have a chat support option then you just don't have one, but why advertise one??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.