Where to declare revenue when aboard ?

FranckR67
New Community Member

Hello,
I'm french, and own my personal PayPal account in France, by this I mean it was created in France and is linked to my french bank account. Right now, I live in Canada, as a student and plan to stay there but keep my french account and thus my PayPal linked to this account. when I work in Canada, I declare revenues from my work to the Canadian government and the province I live in.

Let's assume I start to acquire online revenues every now and then through services like Redbubble on my PayPal (which is linked to a french account), which country do I declare these taxes ? Canada or France ? Does it count as foreign revenues in my home country, even though I'm tax eligible in Canada and would make those revenues while living in Canada ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FranckR67 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.