When you make a purchase on paypal with your credit card, does your bank notify the credit card?

toixd
Contributor
Contributor

Lets say for example, I bought something on paypal with my credit card that has a different email.

Would I the email recipient or the owner of the credit card(me) get it?

Its a irrelevant question as I own both accounts, but im just curious. Who would get the email? Would it be both the email and the bank account email? 

Or would it just be the email of the account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there Toixd.

Welcome to the Community!

Any time a payment is processed via PayPal, we will send a payment confirmation email to the email address that has been used to process the payment. If you have made a payment by logging into your PayPal account, we will send the notification to the primary email address on the PayPal account. 

If a guest payment has been processed by manually entering your information on the PayPal website, we would send the payment confirmation email to the email address that has been entered on the website.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

toixd
Contributor
Contributor
So the bank doesn’t get informed? If so, this helps. From what I can gather from what you said, the email holder for the account gets the email. So if bought something, only the email would receive confirmation.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@toixd, That's right! The funding source will not be notified via email about the transaction, only the Sender and Receiver will be notified of the transaction. However the Receiver will not receive any financial details about the Sender. Hope that clears it all up! Have a great day!

- Jon

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.