When do I mail a good?

ChelsaeLynne
Contributor
Contributor
Im selling a wedding dress and the buyer says she’s already paid. I received an email showing the payment and her address for shipping, but when I log into my PayPal account I can’t find anything pending. We both live in the US if that makes any difference. Anyway, she really wanted me to mail the dress today and says that the payment won’t show up until I have a tracking number for it. But shouldn’t it at least show pending and tell me it’s okay to mail the item before I send it? I’ve been a PayPal buyer for years, but I believe this is the first time I’ve sold anything on here. I want to follow the rules and I don’t want to make the buyer angry, but I’m worried about paying so much to mail a wedding dress only to have it be a scam. Thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ChelsaeLynne,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! From what you've described, this may not be a legitimate sale. As long as you have confirmed your email address, the payment will show up in your Activity even if its on hold. Here are a few Help Center articles you may find useful:

How do I receive money through PayPal?

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

I hope that helps. Good luck with your future sales!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.