What info of mine does the receiver of money see?

AlejandroBee
New Community Member

I recently submitted payment for a fake invoice (likely a scammer trying to gain personal information). What information of mine will he gain access to? Will paypal release my address and phone number? or just my email address and name? It's a personal (not business) account. I'm not sure if they listed it as good/services, it looked like a general invoice - so I'm hoping it they didn't release my shipping address. I am very concerned and cannot reach a live person!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlejandroBee 

If you paid using the goods/services option which is by sending that way OR a money request / invoice then of course the seller would have your address or they would not be able to send you the items, plus they would have your email address and name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlejandroBee 

If you paid using the goods/services option which is by sending that way OR a money request / invoice then of course the seller would have your address or they would not be able to send you the items, plus they would have your email address and name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.