What happened to the Detailed View on the Activity page?

pabl0
Contributor
Contributor

The Detailed View on the Activity page is gone, and with it is the ability to see the running balance for an account. The downloaded statement options don't include a running balance either. I've tried different options without success: CSV and PDF reports with various boxes checked for a balance, but no running balance is included with the generated statement.

I have tried Chrome, IE 11, and MS Edge hoping to find the Detailed View, but it's gone. I called Support and reported the problem, but never got any further response from them. I fear that PayPal views this bug as a "feature" and will not bring back this extremely useful tool. The Community Forums have many threads with users questioning the removal of the Detailed View and wanting its return.

Please bring back the Detailed View with running balance on the Activity page!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

chas1954
Contributor
Contributor

I posted this complaint then I found a few others like yours so I'll post the same response so you know what happened to it. If enough people call paypal and complain maybe they'll put it back in.

It has been removed. I called yesterday(5-2-18) and requested to talk to a supervisor. He said it was removed, I said paypal is like a bank and banks "MUST" show the running balance to users. He said they was not a bank and did not have to show a running balance on the overview. He showed me a way to see it and I told him I am not going to "JUMP THRU HOOPS" to see my running balance after each transaction.

THIS IS BS.

Login to Me Too

chas1954
Contributor
Contributor

Here's why its been removed, IN MY OPINION.

PAYPAL doesn't want to make it easy to check that the balance is correct. That way they could, if they wanted, cheat us and miscalculate wrong balance and we wouldn't know it when we withdrawd our balance.

With a running balance showing everyone can easly check to make sure the balance is correct. With it gone you have to manually open each transactions and calculate each transaction.

Login to Me Too

joescottjoe1
New Community Member

Chas1954, since they told you how to see the detailed view and running balance, could you please tell us how to do it too? I don't like "running thru hoops" either, but it would be useful to at least be able to see the running balance by some method as opposed to not at all.

Login to Me Too

Don_CVRS
New Community Member

I have found the same problem with Detailed Reports. It appears that now these need to be exported reports for the period chosen (month, year, etc.) I have found that a running balance (if requested by clicking on it in the custom field) only shows up if the report is exported as a CSV file, but not if it is exported as a PDF. I know this doesn't help those who want a daily/monthly running balance in a detailed view, but it is one way of tracking the balance by transactions. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

ppgeoff
Contributor
Contributor

So now we cannot get a summary of transactions and taxes paid, so figuring use tax on paypal transactions just became almost impossible.  Pretty crappy, really.

Login to Me Too

frogge41
New Community Member

also after i've started to use ebay for paying for my items postage ( which is SOOO much easier to use) if i want to refund or check someone's details when you go onto paypal activity/summary page there is NO WAY of telling which postage transaction is which.  the numbers ebay use is totally different to the numbers that come up as a ID or transaction of paypal.  there is NO CORRELATION between the 2 sites which makes it EXTREMELY annoying and bloody stupid when I'm trying to ID someone's ID details to say issue postage refund.  How do i sort this out.  Karen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.