What genius designed the automated system?

TAMMY412
Contributor
Contributor

I would rather have my eye teeth pulled than dial the PayPal phone number. Not only are they notorious for not solving the issue you call about, endlessly transferring calls to everyone except the right department, long hold times, incorrect information, and some of the poorest customer service on earth but I have just discovered that during closed hours, we still get the pleasure of going through a huge aggravation via the automated verification AND even as far as what your issue is BEFORE they inform you that you just did all of that for nothing. They are closed. In case you havent called it goes something like this....machine: Thanks for calling paypal. Please say your 10 digit phone number now.... Me: digits loud and slow. Machine: I'm sorry. I didn't get that. Say your 10 digit phone number now. Me: digits louder and slower. Machine: I'm sorry I didn't get what you were saying. Say your ten digit phone number now... Me : screaming my number Machine: I go[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Is that right Me: NOOOOO! Machine: let's try this again... Me: OPERATOOOOR! MACHINE: I understand your like to speak to an associate but let me see if I can help you first. Me:operator! Operator! Machine; ok but first tell me what you are calling about... Repeat above process.... 20 minutes later.. Machine: I'm sorry. Our office is closed. You can go back to our automated system or call back later. Suggestion-Fire the person responsible for making sure customers are extremely aggravated before they ever get off the phone rather they speak to anyone or not. It is not one of your assets. Does anyone else loathe calling them and can anyone tell me how anyone that could do something that stupid got hired in the first place?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TAMMY412 

Dreadful.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TAMMY412 

Dreadful.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.