What does "PayPal currency conversion spread" mean in regard to the September 3, 2019 PayPal update?

AugustinAustin
Contributor
Contributor

Does "PayPal currency conversion spread" only have to do with changing dollars to Euros or other types of monies -- or are they talking about charging me a fee every time I use PayPal to buy something?

Thanks for your answer(s)!

August in Austin

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @AugustinAustin,

That's a great question! Currency conversions will only apply if more than one currency is involved in a transaction (either receiving or sending money). If you're simply purchasing something in USD and your bank or card linked to the PayPal account is also in USD, you should not see a currency conversion on your end. 

Thanks,

Gwen

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @AugustinAustin,

That's a great question! Currency conversions will only apply if more than one currency is involved in a transaction (either receiving or sending money). If you're simply purchasing something in USD and your bank or card linked to the PayPal account is also in USD, you should not see a currency conversion on your end. 

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

AugustinAustin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your clarification. Not understanding what is being referred to makes me nervous! And now I know.  🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.