What does Paypal actually do for us?

Sheri0082
Contributor
Contributor

I know they act as a middle man and send digital dollars between sellers and buyers. But what do they ACTUALLY do to deserve 3% of every penny we make? They allow us to get scammed and then charge us 20 bucks for chargebacks cuz we got scammed... they literally take our money and hold it for any amount of time at any dollar amount and provide no protections against criminals. I dont seek out buyers. they use ebay or google and make a purchase. I dont handle credit card vaidation and scam prevention cuz I pay Ebay and Paypal (at least I thought) to do that. But nope. A criminal steals a card, buys from an unexpected seller, credit card company gets a dispute then all the sudden they "investigate" by putting the burden on the buyer, up the damage by $20 and pretend selling us out so big banks and credit card companies making millions in interest charges dont have to cover anything with that interest money. This is the worst "customer service" policy I have ever seen. Why are we paying 3% to get **bleep** and have binary code dollars transfered via technology? Should be .5% Maybe 1%. Allowing your customers to get scammed and further punishing us is insane. Greed is a mental disorder.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sheri0082 

Paypal allows a lot of sellers to accept instant payments from buyers including from credit cards which they would be unable to do any other way and that is what you pay a fee for.

However you need to read up on paypals seller protection to see what coverage they offer you.

In the event of a chargeback it is not a paypal dispute but done by the buyer directly via their credit card issuer and its that issuer that makes any decisions.

If you lose then as long as you were covered by seller protection then you would be reimbursed BUT paypal seller protection does not cover virtual / digital transactions, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.