What I can sell

LCarter1
New Community Member

Hey,

I wondered if anyone knew whether it is legal to sell on e-books that I have purchased on ebay? It seems like it should be ok but I don't want to get in legal trouble for doing it before finding out as I cannot seem to find the answers anywhere.

If anyone could help me and let me know if it's ok to sell e- books bought online please let me know,

Thanks,

Layla

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LCarter1

If they were 'written' or 'complied' via the author then you could be risking copyright issues, I would ask this question on the Ebay forums.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LCarter1
New Community Member

Thanks but I don't fully get what you're saying. I am pretty sure it wasn't the author that sold it to me if that's what you mean. Thank you for the advice but I was trying to contact ebay and it just sent me straight through to paypal so I'm not really sure how to contact ebay.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LCarter1

Lots of authors 'sell' their e-books online as they haven't been accepted for publication.

For eg I purchased an e-book on cookery recipes and that was complied by the seller and she had the copyright.

Also I didn't say contact Ebay, I said post this question on Ebays forum.........this is Paypals forum and you may have more luck on Ebays where more 'sellers' will answer questions on Ebay related problems.

Just stick Ebay community forum into google and it will come up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.