Web browser/ssl certificate

clcombs
New Community Member

Sort of an issue, but more of an fyi. On Chrome version 69 or newer you get the following error when visiting ANY PayPal website:

"NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY"
The SSL certificate was issued before a certain date, making PayPal websites unvisitable.
Additional text from Chrome:

"www.paypal.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.paypal.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.paypal.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.paypal.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later."

PayPal needed to update their SSL before Chrome 69 releases officially(currently in dev).

Chron Canary(v70) also has the same error.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

GuruMark
Contributor
Contributor

Thank goodness I can log into Paypal again from my Chromebooks again.  They are all on the developer channel as that provides more features than the standard channel, but the downside is that I get all the bugs or undesirable new features they throw in Chrome!  Thanks to the folks at Paypal for updating their SSL credentials.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.