We ran into a problem and PayPal isn't available right now. Please select a different payment option

genreyes0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I need help. I could not buy on eBay.

say: We have a problem and PayPal is not available at this time. Please select a different payment option

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kattinsanity
Contributor
Contributor

You may have run into a member who is under the new ebay managed payments program.  Sellers who are in that program are not allowed to accept paypal as a payment option.  There are many sellers who are not in that program yet and are still offering paypal as a payment option.  A sellers offered payment options are on the right side of the item page~~it will have paypal along with credit card options.  If paypal is not there with the credit card options it means the seller doesn't accept paypal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kattinsanity
Contributor
Contributor

You may have run into a member who is under the new ebay managed payments program.  Sellers who are in that program are not allowed to accept paypal as a payment option.  There are many sellers who are not in that program yet and are still offering paypal as a payment option.  A sellers offered payment options are on the right side of the item page~~it will have paypal along with credit card options.  If paypal is not there with the credit card options it means the seller doesn't accept paypal.

Login to Me Too

genreyes0
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much

Login to Me Too

lylesh
Contributor
Contributor

there's a paypal option on the item page but when i go to checkout it greys out paypal and paypal credit and i have the same problem (trying to pay with paypal) maybe paypal's just having a hiccup or sometihng. Called ebay to see if my account was blcoked or anytihng but they said nothing happened to my account. what the heck ebay/paypal 😕

Login to Me Too

Regino
New Community Member
I have exactly same problem. Is yours been solved?
Login to Me Too

calysar
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem, spent 3 hours getting the run-around from eBay customer service and none of them know anything. Sellers in every case accept PayPal, most of them exclusively. I've pretty much decided to leave eBay as a result.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.