Was I scammed?

Karrascal
Contributor
Contributor
After making the payment to purchase a rotary rock tumbler I received the usual automated PayPal email with transaction details. A few days later I opened the email and I noticed that the merchant categorized my payment under 'shoes'.....then I noticed that my shipping info wasn't even listed anywhere in the transaction details...I've emailed the seller 3 times already and no response...I filed a dispute regarding my concerns and it was denied.. I'm not sure what to do about it now...the seller even removed it's contact email, it's no longer available in the transaction details...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karrascal 

Sounds like one of these companies?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Which dispute did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.