Was I Scammed???

Bosch123
Contributor
Contributor
I'm a South African who met an alledged British man at a mall last week. Told me he has been having issues exchanging Pounds for Rands. I offered to help him. I said he could transfer money to my PayPal account and give him physical money. It's been a week now and the transaction/ request is still pending. Do you think I was scammed? And if so what would you advise me to do? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Bosch123 and welcome, 

I think it was a nice gesture that you did trying to help someone in need however it may be that this person was not genuine. Did you send him a payment request? If so then these payments will always show as pending until they are paid. It may be that this person has just not paid you. If this is the case then I'm afraid there is no much you can do via your PayPal account as if there has been no payment we cannot open a case. You can try taking action outside of PayPal by contacting your local police station and maybe letting the mall know so it doesn't happen to anyone else, 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.