Warning - Malicious site impersonating PayPal

Bascule
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

This is a heads-up for forum members and also for any PayPal mods that watch for posts here. I have tried emailing spoof@paypal.com and raising it via the message center, both to no avail. Hence my post here. Watch out for this site or anything else like it:

<removed>

It is impersonating PayPal and displays a freephone number which is manned by very helpful folk who will be happy for you to give them all your banking details!

PayPal mods - please can someone contact your security team so they can get this site taken down and the phone number reported to the police.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Bascule
Contributor
Contributor
Hi - I presume the obfuscated URL that I posted here has been removed by a moderator - can you confirm that this information has been acted on please? The fraudulent site is still up and running at the moment, the phone number is manned (I have just called it) and they are answering calls as PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Bascule
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again,

I'm hoping that someone somewhere is acting on this. I can see that the original site has been taken down, but an identical one has popped up using the same URL as I posted originally but with the number "7" instead... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.