Very weird refund situation.

Olix
Contributor
Contributor

I had purchased an item on a buyer/seller application "Depop". Unbeknown to me at the time of purchase, the seller had already sold said item on an alternative platform (Ebay) and hadn't yet taken down the listing of the item on the platform "Depop" from which i bought the already sold item. The seller reached out to me, explaining his mistake and gave me a refund for the item and prompted me to "accept" the refund. When on my paypal i found no such option so accept a refund however the refund's status was "pending". After doing research i came to the conclusion it'd clear itself in a matter of days and eventually re-enter my balance. However, on the estimated day of clearance, i checked my balance to find that the refund had now changed its status from "pending" to "cancelled", I immediately contacted the seller and he didn't know why this had a occurred. At first i thought whatever error had occurred could be resolved by him just directly sending me the money i was owed from the refund, however this is where the dilema occurs. He has shown me screenshots from his paypal transactions and it doesn't seem the cancelled refund had returned back to his paypal balance, infact he tells me the said sum of my refund has been taken out of his account and his screenshots prove this. Almost as if the amount had vanished from both mine and his accounts. I've got both screenshots from the orginal purchase, the cancelled refund and even a screenshot from the seller's point of view of his transactions with me. Which all show this sum of money seemingly going missing. Please could someone get back to me and help explain what is going on, ik it may be hard for an employee to help me out during this time but the sum is a significant amount to lose over a cancelled refund and so i think contacting you guys is the best option. If anyone could get back to me as soon as possible that'd be really helpful. Thanks guys, appreciate it. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edit and just post the salient post, an essay takes too long to read.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.