Very likely an e-mail scam

RuiQ
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

Just received an e-mail as follows:

PayPal Account ID: 8NY13966949721D Your account is limited! We have reason to believe that your PayPal account has been used fraudulently without your permission. In addition, any unauthorized activity, such as buying or selling, has been canceled and any associated fees have been credited to your account. Any listings that we removed are included toward the end of this email. We assure you that your financial information is securely stored on a server and cannot be seen by anyone. To maintain that we need you to ratify all of your personal information such as (Credit Card, Billing information and a photo of your id).

Your security code is: 695214

Update Now

Help & Center & Security & Reference #[ID59Y5246P54]

It is unreal but scammers keep on trying. Paypal's logo is the same as the original etc. But I always check the e-mail address and the underlying true e-mail address under the mask (paypal@...). Furthermore always check the link address to see what's under it. A further search and it is a WP site blocked by my AV. 

Take care guys!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.