Using email to receive money in my PayPal Account

LavonneKay
New Community Member

I used my regular email to sign up with PayPal and it is my confirmed email.   I want to be sure I have the information correct.  All I have to do is give my email to someone who will be sending money to my PayPal account even though it is my regular email?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jown10
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LavonneKay Thank you for communicating with us. You are correct. If the email is already confirmed, you will only need to provide your email address to the sender. I hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Jeric16
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684?app=searchAutoComplete Hello there and thank you for reaching paypal 

here are the steps on how to send money! You can also share this with your friends!

How do I send money?

With PayPal, you can send money or make a payment to anyone with an email address or mobile number.

From your computer, here’s how to send money:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Enter the name, email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money, then click Next.
  3. Enter the amount you want to send.
  4. Select either "Paying for an item or service" or "Sending to a friend."
  5. Select your shipping address if you're paying for an item or service.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Select how you want to pay, then click Next.
  8. Review the information on the screen and click Send Payments Now.

Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LavonneKay, Welcome to community forum. Here's how to receive money through paypal. Receiving money through PayPal is easy! To receive money through PayPal, someone must send a payment to your email address. We'll send a message to that email address to let you know someone has sent you a payment. To receive your payment, you must open a PayPal account and confirm that email address. If you already have a PayPal account, you'll see the recent activity on your Summary page. Click your transaction to view the details. As soon as you receive the payment, you can transfer the funds to your bank account. With PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account you can keep this money in PayPal and use it to send a payment. Keep yourself safe online by reviewing our information on common scams and how to avoid them. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.