Using PayPal to pay suppliers from Alibaba

Elishakate
New Community Member
Hello, I’m just wanting to find out about coverage with PayPal for paying suppliers you find through Alibaba, my concern is, suppliers don’t do it through the Alibaba website itself, they send a quote say to email or WhatsApp, and then you are supposed to pay the supplier into their PayPal account, is this a scam? Or is this actually covered by PayPal? If so, and you do not receive the products you purchased, and the order wasn’t placed directly through Alibaba, what do pay pal need for the dispute? Hope someone can help Thankyou Elisha
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elishakate 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

If you are paying via a paypal.me link or using the send money option then make sure you mark it as goods / services and tick anything on the paypal.me link to mark it as goods / services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elishakate 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

If you are paying via a paypal.me link or using the send money option then make sure you mark it as goods / services and tick anything on the paypal.me link to mark it as goods / services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.