downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

2nomi

I upgraded to a business account and now my previous account is gone!  No way to get back in and review data, pay bills or anything!!!  NO way to talk to a real PERSON!!! WHERE IS MY INFO????

Login to Me Too

Sherein
New Community Member
How can i switch from business to personal account?
Login to Me Too

RSiRooR
New Community Member

Hey guys and gals!

Basically i used my email to start what I thought should be a business account and just want to switch it to a Personal account. I never finished the setup process but i drags be back to Business setup every time I try to do anything else at all. Very frustrating. I would really prefer not to have to start a brand new email just for this.

Thank again,

RSiRooR

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RSiRooR 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Murigi
New Community Member
How can I downgrade my account. I cannot call PayPal because of Covid. Please assist I'm Kenyan
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Murigi 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

oat1
New Community Member

I want to close my account because i didn't mean to create it, i want to get a personal paypal but it wouldn't let me out of it.

can you please close my account please

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oat1 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Captain_spaldin
Contributor
Contributor

Need to change my account from downgrade my account asap, can i do it myself or do i need to message or email paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Hello1233
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally changed me account to bussiness and now I’m having a hard time trying to figure out how to change it back. With Covid customer service is down. Has anyone reached a representative successful during this time?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.