Update email address, says it already exists

AnnMari
New Community Member

The PayPal I am using is using an old hotmail address I no longer have access to. I want to update to my current email address, but when I attempt this it is saying there is already an existing PayPal account with this email address - obviously that has to be my account, but I can't access it.
1. How do I access this account to check if I have money on it
2. How do I access to delete this account to update mu current account to current email address

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnnMari wrote:

The PayPal I am using is using an old hotmail address I no longer have access to. I want to update to my current email address, but when I attempt this it is saying there is already an existing PayPal account with this email address - obviously that has to be my account, but I can't access it.
1. How do I access this account to check if I have money on it
2. How do I access to delete this account to update mu current account to current email address

If your current email address is already added to this PayPal account, click on it and tick the "Make Primary email address" checkbox and hit save.  It will now be your current email address. Then go back and click remove on the old email address.

If your current email address is already linked to another PayPal account you won't be able to add it and will have to add an entirely different email address you have access to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.