Underpaid Postage Emails Canada Post

truetruegjh
Contributor
Contributor

I just have to say, I've been selling **bleep** on eBay since for over 10 years and the fees keep climbing and the newest fee that's **bleep** me off is the Under Paid Postage fee. This is just another **bleep**ing money grab and it's ridiculous because I always over measure and over weight my parcels to avoid it, yet I always seem to get charged this **bleep**ing stupid fee. I am outraged at it! If anything, Canada Post and PayPal owe me money. I'm starting to find alternate ways to sell my **bleep** because this is now way out of hand.

Any thoughts on this from the community? Because I feel like ever since they revoked the ability to give negative feedback to a buyer, **bleep** has severely gotten worse for sellers on eBay. It's beyond unfair.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

HIGH-BOY
New Community Member

I have experienced this quite a few times now. I have called and complained. Of course, Paypal will tell you it's a Canada Post problem, and Canada Post will either tell you that you have to call Paypal (as they are the ones "in control") or they will give you the "dimensions are measured by a laser" story. I have told them that THEY NEED TO CALIBRATE THEIR SCALES, because I have noticed the scale at both of my local post offices would always come out with a higher weight. I always calibrate my scales and I use calibration weights every time I use the scale as well, so I can make sure that the scale is weighing exactly the way it should.

I just received an underpaid postage notice today for $1.05, for the first time in quite a while. I had gotten sick of getting those notices so, like you say, I started over measuring and over weighing. Funny thing is, I've sent this guy stuff before. I'm sending him the same exact package I sent a little over 2 weeks ago which cost $26.19. Few days ago when I sent him the same package it cost $26.30 - and this is the one they are charging me another $1.05 for! 

I'm getting sick of this. There is no one to call and complain to. You have to suck it up and pay before they will allow you to ship and I think that is ridiculous. This on top of all of the other issues I have had with Canada Post as of late. They are going downhill fast. I got much better service from Canada Post a few years ago than I do today. Much cheaper rates too.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@truetruegjh 

Double check shipping services and the weight and size dimensions requirements for them. If you put incorrect information in, wrong calculation comes out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

truetruegjh
Contributor
Contributor

thanks tips... been doing this for over ten years... I know the requirements, I'm here to see if others are experiencing the same BS...

Login to Me Too
Solved

HIGH-BOY
New Community Member

I have experienced this quite a few times now. I have called and complained. Of course, Paypal will tell you it's a Canada Post problem, and Canada Post will either tell you that you have to call Paypal (as they are the ones "in control") or they will give you the "dimensions are measured by a laser" story. I have told them that THEY NEED TO CALIBRATE THEIR SCALES, because I have noticed the scale at both of my local post offices would always come out with a higher weight. I always calibrate my scales and I use calibration weights every time I use the scale as well, so I can make sure that the scale is weighing exactly the way it should.

I just received an underpaid postage notice today for $1.05, for the first time in quite a while. I had gotten sick of getting those notices so, like you say, I started over measuring and over weighing. Funny thing is, I've sent this guy stuff before. I'm sending him the same exact package I sent a little over 2 weeks ago which cost $26.19. Few days ago when I sent him the same package it cost $26.30 - and this is the one they are charging me another $1.05 for! 

I'm getting sick of this. There is no one to call and complain to. You have to suck it up and pay before they will allow you to ship and I think that is ridiculous. This on top of all of the other issues I have had with Canada Post as of late. They are going downhill fast. I got much better service from Canada Post a few years ago than I do today. Much cheaper rates too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.