cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Transaction! Dispute/Claim

Highlighted
Contributor

Unauthorized Transaction! Dispute/Claim

On October 11, 2020 at 4:33 am I was asleep when my phone went off and showed a Paypal transaction had just been made. I was half asleep but that woke me up right away. The charge was $85.98 and coming from a store I never heard of called Pet Supermarkets. I googled it and the nearest location to me was in Lake Tahoe. I live in Orange County California. I tried calling PayPal’s customer service phone number but obviously it was outside of their business hours. Okay so I wait til after 7am as that’s what the recording said. Call back around 7:30 am and hit 0 and say “speak to a representative”. It acts like it’s going to get someone on the line, only to say no one is available and to message them thru Message Center. Which I do. And just in case you’re thinking, why not just cancel the charge. Well I couldn’t, it did not give such an option. Because the transaction was “Pending” I couldn’t do anything but wait til it completed. Then I could dispute the charge. WHICH I DID as soon as it completed. Trust me I obsessed about this. May not be a lot of money for some, but I’m a single mom and every penny counts to me. I even contacted the Pet Supermarkets customer service number and the rep over there said he can’t help me since I don’t have an order number. No way to look the order up with my card info either. He refers me back to PayPal. So after I submit my dispute for an unauthorized transaction, literally 2 or 3 hours later, I check the status and it says “Case Closed: Covered By PayPal - Funds will be returner to original method of payment”. Message the rep and asked how long til I get my money returned. He says 3-5 business days and in some cases up to a full billing cycle. More waiting and more time goes by and still nothing. When I message again, he tells me chase is still under review and “just keep an eye on your email”. I don’t understand why I’m seeing that the case is closed and my money is being returned. Only for them to say the opposite!!!!! Then I go online and read about all the similar issues others have had with this fraud of a company called Paypal. How are they allowed to operate and take people’s money offering no explanation. You can’t get anyone on the phone and the message center is a joke. It’s like talking to a robot with broken English. I filed a police report and my lawyer is taking over from here. Yes even for such a small amount I will sue them for the lies and fraudulent activity they put me and so many others through.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Unauthorized Transaction! Dispute/Claim

@sammckeehan 

So you are told it may take up to x1 billing cycle ie 30 days to return to your funding source and you are calling paypal scammers after only 7 days?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Unauthorized Transaction! Dispute/Claim

I am wondering if you got this handled - I also go a strange email from PayPal that there were purchased and withdrawals made.  I do not use Paypal hardly at all so I was surprised to see this.  Someone added a card to my account put a phone number on my account and acted as I was the seller and withdrew the funds to a card that wasn't mine- which looked like a gift card.  I have called a million times only to have them say they can't support my call and left many messages- I can't dispute the claim because they archived all the charges and now my account actually says its overdrawn and that I need to deposit money.  I had one representative call back and say they have taken care of it only to find out they haven't.  I am so over Paypal and have even tried to close my account except it won't allow me to....so frustrated and feel your pain.  I have called to make a report with the police department and BBB but I am not sure what to do at this point - I can get a hold of nobody.