Two accounts are linked to my email address

Permagrin
Contributor
Contributor

I have a gmail email address and I keep getting emails from PayPal in German to someone who is not me. The email address they've used is the same as mine, except that it's  [at] google mail.com rather than [at] gmail but Google doesn't differentiate between these two, so I get messages sent to google mail.com. I already have a PayPal account with my gmail email address.

I called PayPal and tried to talk to them about this and they didn't understand the problem. They kept telling me that the email must be phishing (which it's not as I forwarded it to their suspicious email account and they confirmed that the email came from PayPal).

I don't understand how PayPal allows people to set up accounts without verifying the email address. If they put this step in, then I would not be getting notices for Susy <removed> in Germany and what she's purchasing with her PayPal account. This is also a breach of privacy for her as her verification emails are coming to me.

Can PayPal do anything about this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You may want to try reaching out to PayPal via both their Facebook and Twitter Accounts as both are supported by PayPal employees.   If the people you contacted don't get it, at least you have other options.  The system is intended to validate email addresses - it's not someone sitting at a desk in a cubical farm.  Perhaps there's a gremlin in the system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.