Transfer to bank card pending

ancook519

Yesterday I initiated a transfer of $38 from paypal to my linked debit card. The app says it will tax 25 minutes to complete. Turns out that this is wrong and its now a day later still pending with zero contact from paypal about why. I am EXTREMELY frustrated. I reached out on twitter but get ignored.

This isn't even my first issue with paypal. They won't let me use my bank balance to send money. They force me to use a card, but then tell me that using my bank balance is cheaper! 

I wish someone from paypal would respond to literally any attempts to contact. I can't sit on hold for 2 hours waiting for them to answer the phone. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ancook519

The 30 minute transfer is not guaranteed unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ancook519

That's fine, but then I should have been given the option to back out of it before it left my money pending for whoever knows how long. Now it's just floating somewhere out there completely unable to be used. If it isn't guaranteed they shouldn't advertise it as such.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ancook519

They don't advertise it as such.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-to-my-local-bank-account-faq1189

Estimated arrival: about 30 minutes.
All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ancook519

On the mobile app it does. Even charged me $.25 to have it delivered in 30 minutes! What a joke. And I'm apparently not going to get my $.25 back either. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ancook519

Pretty poor that they don't refund that for you if they can't do the transfer in the time offered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shandrabad1
Contributor
Contributor
Its so frustrating i had the money sent to me because i need it then not whenever they feel like giving it to me its not their money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.