Transaction policies

Rem42
New Community Member

Does PayPal handle transactions for gun parts?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rem42

Thankfully no...........

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rem42

Thankfully no...........

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RagnarHelsson
Contributor
Contributor
Wow. "Thankfully" no huh? Well I guess that we can now see where you come down on the gun debate there Kernowlass. I have noticed your name pop up all over these questions about gun parts and you seem to be determined to keep people from using PayPal to buy or sell anything firearm related by waving a deliberately vague "acceptable use policy" at them that says it doesn't allow "CERTAIN" parts but never mentions WHAT certain parts are allowed and what "certain" parts are not allowed. But with your "thankfully" we can see that you don't want PayPal to have ANYTHING to do with guns. And so keeping people confused instead of answering their questions is just exactly what the doctor ordered when it comes to someone who doesn't believe in the 2nd amendment. Thank toy very much for showing your true colors there Kernowlass.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RagnarHelsson 

My name pops up on any question where I think I may be able to help the user that asked that question.

As the person on this thread was ok with the answer then to be honest not interested in your thoughts.

But guess we can see where you come from on the gun debate so thank you for showing YOUR true colors there @RagnarHelsson  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RagnarHelsson
Contributor
Contributor
But that's just it. You DON'T help anyone with your answers regarding PayPal and what "certain" Firearms Parts are or are not allowed to be purchased. Just like you didn't REALLY answer the persons question here. I have seen multiple people ask questions about what's allowed and not allowed and ALL I have ever seen from you is just copy and pasting the same vague, open ended policy that PayPal already has which answers ZERO questions as to what is allowed and what isn't. And as for as where I come down on the gun debate, I am VERY proud to say that I come down squarely on the side of the 2nd Amendment. And any person or company that does not do the same is un-American. Since PayPal says "certain" parts are allowed they need to say which ones those are. This vaguery regarding the subject while banning people who fall afoul of it is the worst kind of trickery. And your little "Thankfully, no.... " comment shows your bias on the subject and so you should no longer be answering questions regarding this subject as you can obviously not do it impartially.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.