Transaction fee refunds

nwprinters
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get a transaction fee credited to my account? I refunded my customer which left my account negative for the transaction fee. I deposited the amount to get myself out of the negative. I have called Paypal several times and they just tell me it will happen. This has been going on since November 19. I realize that I need to pay the 30 cents but they admit they should have credited the rest. They just won't do it. I don't have the time to call every week since I end up being transferred around and being on hold for hours each time. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MissDesigns
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get a positive result with your situation? Anytime I've had to refund a transaction, including a time that someone filed a fraudulent refund request, I've had to cover 100% of the transaction amount. So in essence, any time it's happened, the refunded transaction cost me the price of the transaction fee. So I lost money every time. They refused to clear the transaction fee I was charged even on the fraudulent one. And that was when I had numerous pieces of evidence to show that her refund should NOT have been issued. In fact it was to a degree that she should've had a notch against here account for the whole mess. And that was with not ever getting the items she ordered back. So that was extra costly between extra fees, loss of product, transaction amount still refunded to her, and they only said because of the reason for request that she chose their policy was an automatic approval in buyer favor. Despite irrefutable proof that she was lying and it was a false claim, they refused to to holdup their promise of seller protections. So definitely be prepared any time you are the seller you stand a chance at losing money, regardless of whether you did everything right. Good luck sweetie.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.