Transaction being held by paypal

Kalhas
Contributor
Contributor
Transaction being held by paypal from a buyer and i cant see pending transaction anywere but got email from paypal saying that they are holding money
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kalhas 

If your funds are not showing at all in your paypal account balance then could well be a scam and its a spoof email.

Can you give us a gist of what the email says without any personal info?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kalhas
Contributor
Contributor

You've received an instant payment (0003) from Evelyn M <removed>. Dear Kelvin <removed>, This email confirms that Evelyn M <removed> has sent you $3,850.00 AUD. View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below Payment Details Note from Evelyn M <removed> I included postage fees to the payment. Please get the item sent asap. Thanks and nice doing business with you. Shipping Tracking Number Required From You To Complete The Transaction U-1Y75887RD334420H Pending Summary of this invoice Description Quantity Price Amount Goods Purchase#1708031724431131 1 $3,750.00 $3,750.00 Subtotal $3,750.00 Delivery 100.00 Total $3,850.00 AUD Issues with this transaction? You have 180 days from the date of your PayPal payment to open a dispute for eligible transactions in our Resolution Centre. Learn about Buyer Protection Please Note: Once the shipment is confirmed, The funds will become operational in your account and you will receive a "CONFIRMATION" email from Merchant Portal PayPal Payment Services informing you that your account has been credited. Currency conversion: To complete this transaction, we've converted the payment amount to the currency of your card. Our currency conversion fee was added to the exchange rate, which is set by an external financial institution. For more information about fees, see our Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement. Questions? Go to the Help Center at www.paypal.com/help Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page. You can choose to receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click Settings. PayPal Email ID PP1236 - c17ebb94f044 PayPal Australia Pty Limited. Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs. For more information, read our Product Disclosure Statement, User Agreement and Privacy Policy.‌

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kalhas 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jammy1
New Community Member

Someone messaged me about my item i posted on gumtree, that his partner eve wants to buy the item and told me to email her, he gave me her gmail. So i emailed her and she replied with the same name with your buyer evelyn m <removed>, she’s willing to add an additional $250 just for me to take down my ad on gumtree as she really wanted to buy that item and also willing to add $100 for shipping fee, she’s located on china. She also told me about safe and fast transaction in paypal. I’m thinking maybe she’s the same person you’re talking about.

Login to Me Too

brentech
New Community Member
This person is trying to scam me as we speak... I always do background checks before any transaction, that’s how I found your post. Hope you had a resolve.
Login to Me Too

Talia87
Contributor
Contributor

doesn't happen to be from an email address of <removed>.gmail.com does it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.