Tracking no

Kibetj
Contributor
Contributor
Someone wants to ship for me an item. Shipping with tracking no is expensive yet I fear if no tracking no the item can get lost. Will the item arrive without tracking no?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kibetj 

You're welcome. 🙂

Now a tracking number can be crucial bit of information if the seller is a scammer and ships to a nearby address, an empty envelope and provides this fraudulent tracking number as proof of delivery. This is when you will need this number to obtain evidence that the item was shipped to someplace else and not what was ordered. Then you'd have to get postal authorities and police involved and submit proof that this tracking number is fraudulent to PayPal. So be very careful of who you buy from. Try to stick with reputable merchants. If you have to buy from individual sellers and unknown merchants, do some research or online reviews. If you do not find any info, and don't want to face the prospect of scams/returns, then move on and buy from someone else.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kibetj 

The tracking number is for sellers' benefit and it's optional if they want to track your item or not because if you didn't receive your item after a certain amount of time, you can just open a PayPal Item Not Received dispute and it is the responsibility of the seller to provide proof of delivery, not you.

Your only responsibility is to chase up with seller if the item doesn't arrive within 180 days because you have 180 days from date of payment to file a PayPal dispute/claim for item not received to get a refund.

You can request tracking for your own peace of mind/curiosity to see that your order is on its way but its not very necessary for you as long as you get it within 180 days and file a dispute within 180 days. 

Only you would know from your own experience if the Kenyan postal/shipping services are good with delivering packages or not.

Login to Me Too

Kibetj
Contributor
Contributor
Wow. Thank you so much. Your reply was so helpful.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kibetj 

You're welcome. 🙂

Now a tracking number can be crucial bit of information if the seller is a scammer and ships to a nearby address, an empty envelope and provides this fraudulent tracking number as proof of delivery. This is when you will need this number to obtain evidence that the item was shipped to someplace else and not what was ordered. Then you'd have to get postal authorities and police involved and submit proof that this tracking number is fraudulent to PayPal. So be very careful of who you buy from. Try to stick with reputable merchants. If you have to buy from individual sellers and unknown merchants, do some research or online reviews. If you do not find any info, and don't want to face the prospect of scams/returns, then move on and buy from someone else.

Login to Me Too

Scott8554
Contributor
Contributor

This happen to me. Do not expect justice from paypal. They support fraudulent sellers over honest buyers. They do not put ANY effort into resolving claims.

If they only just checked the tracking no and found the shipping address was wrong and the weight of the package was one ounce, my item weighed 10 pounds. 

I am done with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.