Too much fraudsters using paypal

Debbie97
Contributor
Contributor
There are alot of sellers scamming people of their money. Shooptional.com, gooddeal. Com, jellyshop. Com and alot more crooks stealing peoples money through PayPal... Previously we thought suppliers who use paypal are authentic but now it's not the case.. They are stealing like nobodys business and the paypal guys are really taking lonh to address the scam and fraud issues. How best can this be handled?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Debbie97 wrote:
There are alot of sellers scamming people of their money. Shooptional.com, gooddeal. Com, jellyshop. Com and alot more crooks stealing peoples money through PayPal... Previously we thought suppliers who use paypal are authentic but now it's not the case.. They are stealing like nobodys business and the paypal guys are really taking lonh to address the scam and fraud issues. How best can this be handled?

Just be careful where you shop. Stick to the tried and true merchants and names we all know. Anyone can set up shop these days very easy and not all of them are even real shops but predators. Always do research before buying, not after when it is too late. If you see no reviews, don't buy.  PayPal is already reviewing millions of accounts and asking for identity documents and doing payment holds for 21 days. Bottomline, we also have to do our part to be vigilant, looking out for our wallets. Read and understand PayPal's buyer protection program about our rights too. We are our own last line of defense!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Momof26028
New Community Member
SHOOPTIONAL advertised lace wigs with videos of women partingng the wigs and it looked too good to be true I should have thought twice. I just recieved the shipment of wigs that I paid basically 80 dollars for....these wigs are not human hair not lace all three look nothing like the wigs that I have ordered and that are on your website. They look like the cheap Halloween wigs.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.