Toby Deals

dyltom12
New Community Member

Hello,

I am just about to purchase some Apple AirPods from TobyDeals. I were wondering if it is super safe and will defiantly come and be the right and not broke thing. 

It would be amazing if someone can message me back so I know what to do.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dyltom12

1. Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, you need to read up on it and risk assess your own transactions.

2. Do NOT pay using the friends / family gift option or you will have no protection.

3. If you go ahead make sure either you or the seller puts a FULL description of the item on the payment invoice or sent payment as if you have to file for item received but not as described that is the only way paypal will know what you were buying and if it arrived misdescribed.

4. If i were you fund that paypal payment via a credit card for a bit more buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Severian50

Complete scam. Ordered a Huawei Honor 8X and it came but was for the wrong country, so didn't work except on wifi. They demanded I pay return shipping plus an admin fee for them to even consider refunding or replacing, even though it was their fault. Already lodged a complaint through PayPal. Hopefully they can get my money back. I'd be happy to return the phone with an RMA shipping label. It's worthless here.

Login to Me Too

Kona7856
I bought 2 Motorola G7 power smart phones. After two weeks of back and forth emails and videos of the phones not working in the United States, they agreed that my phones were DOA and to send them back. I was not surprised that when they got them back in Hong Kong that they worked. Now I'm being charged $75 for return fees and inspection fee. You might get lucky and have a good experience, but their goal is not to secure return business. Descriptions of products are vague. I would at least steer clear of smart phones. I tried Verizon, at&t, and Sprint SIM cards. None of them worked. The description said the phone was unlocked. I also contacted Motorola of Signapore and they said I should return the phone too. Overall, this has been my worst experience online purchase. I would suggest buying from another website.
Login to Me Too

arahman123
Contributor
Contributor

i ordered a ipad pro off of tobydealsuk and the order was processing for about three days. i sent them an email asking when it would be dispatched they replied saying the item is out of stock they are currently getting more items from their supplier. I just wanted to know whether anyone else experienced this... and whether i can do anything about this if i don't receive anything soon (dispatch conformation)?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arahman123 

Another possible tat China website.

May be better if it does not arrive and you can open a dispute for non receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

arahman123
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass how long should i wait before opening a dispute , and what does non receipt of item mean (sorry if that,s a basic thing).

would pay pal really help with this, ive read a couple of horror stories where paypal didnt return the money. 

Login to Me Too

Laura12343
Hi, did you ever receive your item? Mine was dispatched on the 13th of November and I still haven’t received anything. I have opened a dispute with PayPal so I’m hoping they’d be able to refund the money if they don’t arrive.
Login to Me Too

Arahman1231
New Community Member
Heyy yeah I asked for a refund cause was out of stock, they refunded same day just think they aren’t very organised
Login to Me Too

Flynn_Y
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to me but they soon sent an email saying that theyve packaged my phone and will ship it soon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.