The fee for international payment

Pearl2487
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.

I'm from Taiwan and registered a HK paypal account. Someone in Singapore who will make a payment via paypal to me. Both of us agreed the payment will be in USD. If the payment is USD$6,000, how much fees/charges will be incurred for this payment?  What is the % of the total payment?  Kindly advise. Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pearl2487 

PayPal fee for receiving payment: 4.4% + 30 cents

The Currency Conversion Fee charged when receiving payments (including Mass Payments or Payouts), withdrawing funds to your local bank account (if your PayPal balance is held in a currency other than your local currency), adding funds from a bank account to your PayPal Account or when transferring funds between your PayPal balances held in different currencies (as applicable): 3.0%

Currency Conversion that occurs when sending a Personal or a Commercial Payment or receiving a refund beyond 1 day of the date of the original payment: 4.0%

Where a currency conversion is required, it will be completed at the transaction exchange rate we set for the relevant currency exchange. The transaction exchange rate is adjusted regularly and includes a Currency Conversion Fee applied and retained by us on a base exchange rate to form the rate applicable to your conversion. The base exchange rate is based on rates within the wholesale currency markets on the conversion day or the prior business day; or, if required by law or regulation, set at the relevant government reference rate(s). The transaction exchange rate applicable to your conversion may be applied immediately and without notice to you. You may have the option (depending on the country you are residing in and the type of funding source) to Opt Out of currency conversion before you complete the transaction by selecting Other Conversion options on the Review Your Information page during checkout. Where a currency conversion is offered by PayPal at the point of sale, you will be shown the exchange rate that will be applied to the transaction before you proceed with authorizing the payment transaction. By proceeding with your authorization of the payment transaction you are agreeing to the currency conversion on the basis of the exchange rate. Where a currency conversion is offered at the point of sale by the Merchant, not by PayPal, and you choose to authorize the payment transaction on the basis of the Merchant’s exchange rate and charges, PayPal has no liability to you for that currency conversion.

Where your payment is funded by a Debit or Credit Card and involves a currency conversion by PayPal, you consent to and authorize PayPal to convert the currency in place of your Credit or Debit card issuer.

https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_HK#exhibit_A

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.