The Paypal support AI couldn't match my number with my account

BelleQ
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently called Paypal support. The first step is talking to the AI to identify my account.

I was asked if this number is the one associated with my Paypal account. I said yes, but the AI couldn't find my account...

Then it's just long wait, long conversation and a "lecture" of how to use Paypal website...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Meekay
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Sometimes The IVR system may not recognize a legit Mobile number on the account, But its always best to check the number is both added and confirmed on the account. you can do this by logging in and clicking the Settings cog at the top right, then click update or + next to the mobile number section on the website.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Meekay
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Sometimes The IVR system may not recognize a legit Mobile number on the account, But its always best to check the number is both added and confirmed on the account. you can do this by logging in and clicking the Settings cog at the top right, then click update or + next to the mobile number section on the website.

Login to Me Too

BelleQ
Contributor
Contributor

oh, thanks! Will check it now. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.