Text messages?

Toni3266
Contributor
Contributor
I just made a purchase online using PayPal. As I was completing the transaction and confirming the purchase, a text message came through. I completed the purchase and then looked at the text. It said it was from PayPal Security Alert. It asked if I had signed into my account at 8:02PDT. Asked me to reply Y if I had and N if I had not. Without thinking, I replied Y. A second text thanked me and said no further action was necessary. Then I realized I’d never gotten one of those texts before. Is it legit?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Toni3266. Welcome to the PayPal Community! PayPal absolutely sends text messages to customers (from 729725) to ask if activity on an account is authorized. I'm sorry if the message caused any concern, but it sounds as though we were just checking to make sure your account was secure.

If you receive a text, but you think it's not from PayPal, please report it by sending an email with the text details (phone number and content) to spoof@paypal.com. You may also report texts by forwarding them on your phone to 7226 (which spells SPAM).

Please also check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-fake-paypal-email-or-website-faq438 at your convenience for more information on reporting suspicious contacts or websites and on reporting unauthorized activity.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Toni3266
Contributor
Contributor
That is the number it came from. Thank you so much!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

You're very welcome! - Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.