Text message

joan18
Contributor
Contributor

Received text message saying my PayPal has been temporarily suspended and requesting I reconfirm my identity or my account would be closed. Does PayPal use text messages to communicate?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joan18

Click on the three vertical dots top right above the date on your post > edit reply.

THEN READ THIS..............

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joan18

You haven't clicked on the link but you are happy to post it on this worldwide public forum where someone else may click on it ???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joan18
Contributor
Contributor

That was not my intention I'm just looking for some advise only shared the link to see if anyone else had similar experience

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joan18

Can you remove it then as that is quicker than me reporting it to have it removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joan18
Contributor
Contributor

How do I remove the link 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joan18

Click on the three vertical dots top right above the date on your post > edit reply.

THEN READ THIS..............

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.