Text message

Robert170
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought something with my PayPal account, a few minutes later I received a text message asking if I had just made that payment, is this correct does PayPal check if I had just made the payment??????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Robert170,

Thank you for your post! That may happen from time to time. If the system has any concerns that the transaction may have been unauthorized, you might receive a text message asking you if the payment was authorized. The payment will still have gone through so it's OK to not respond to the message if you do not want to, but it's a means of alerting us if the transaction was not actually made by you and you received the message. If you ever receive the message unexpectedly and want to check your account to confirm, you can also ignore the message and open the PayPal app or go to PayPal.com in a browser and check your transactions that way. If there's anything you didn't authorize, you can report it directly from there.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Robert170
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou very helpful Regards Bob
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.