Text message scam?

Rosie354
New Community Member

Hi, I just made a PayPal account few days ago and have just received a text saying it had been restricted and to follow a link to resolve it. The link was <removed>. is this genuine or a scam? Thanks x

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Rosie354 ,

Thank you for your post! For your safety, it's best not to follow links in emails or text messages that you're not expecting. If you receive communication stating that your account has been limited, open a fresh browser window and go to PayPal.com and check the status of your account after logging in safely that way. If there is any messaging stating that you have steps to resolve in the Resolution Center, you can safely provide the information that way.

The URL that you had in your post was not a PayPal address. It was likely a phishing website designed to capture your password upon login. Please visit PayPal.com and change your password if you logged in at that site.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.