phoeb333___
New Community Member

I keep getting a text off 62226 about the same person transferring me money

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Thanks for providing that great information, @kernowlass!

For verification, “62226” is a number used by PayPal to confirm sent and received payments, and for verifying users’ identities. Texts from this number are very unlikely to be spoof. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phoeb333___

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phishing
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-would-i-spot-fake-emails-faq2340

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Thanks for providing that great information, @kernowlass!

For verification, “62226” is a number used by PayPal to confirm sent and received payments, and for verifying users’ identities. Texts from this number are very unlikely to be spoof. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.