Text informing paypal account blocked

Trex22
New Community Member

Hi All

I have received a text informing me that my paypal account has been blocked which is clearly not the case.  How do I inform paypal of this potential attempt at fraud?

Many thanks

Trex22

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Trex22. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the PayPal Community Forum!

Getting a spam/spoof text is no good, for sure, but you can report it to PayPal by sending a message from the primary email account associated with your PayPal account to spoof@paypal.com. Please include the phone number the text was sent from and the content of the message.

It may also be helpful to report the text to your phone service provider. Many carriers will let you report SPAM by simply forwarding the message to ‘7726’ (which spells SPAM on most phones). Please check with your service provider to see if this service is supported.

Lastly, you can see more information on how you can protect yourself from spoof attempts, phishing, smishing and more at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phishing.

Thanks for helping keep PayPal as secure as possible, and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.