Teenager Opening an account

Fr0st
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, created an account with no card linked to ask this question, depending on what answer I get, I'll close this account or keep it open.

I'm wanting to start doing commissions as a hobby, and my parents have created a credit card under my name that is linked to their bank account. I want to know if it's legal for my parents to create a Personal account for me, but have my card linked.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Fr0st,

Thank you for your question! PayPal requires that account holders be at least 18 years of age. Even if the account is created by an adult for you, any account in a minor's name or operated by a minor would not be permitted. Creating and/or operating an account prior to your 18th birthday may result in account limitation, which can present difficulties later when you wish to create an account as an adult.

For more information about the terms of use, please take a look at the PayPal User Agreement. This can be found by clicking "Legal" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.