Suspicous request

Taobé
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm from Taobé and we're an e-commerce in cosmetics. I have received an order request from a potential Italian buyer to buy a certain item in our online shop.  We have asked the client to pay via bank transfer but he says his postal office doesn't let him and he can only pay via paypal. He states "I can only make the payment whit PayPal (I could also put the payment option on friends / relatives, so you don't have to pay the expenses)." I don't really understand what he means by this. If somebody has only paypal as payment option, I'm getting a bit suspicous. 

Is there a risk if somebody does a payment that that person can obtain certain account data from us. I will of course never give any delicate info about our account. As we almost never have payments via paypal, I'm not very familiar with it.

I hope somebody can help me out with this. I've going through the help section on the website but I couldn't find any answer to my question.

Many thanks in advance!

Anaïs

Taobé

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Taobé
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass,

Thanks for your quick help/reply!

We absolutely have no intention to go against Paypal's policy. It's the client who proposed this way of transaction and I didn't even understand what he was talking about. I now found out the meaning of these types of transaction after googling it. I just wanted to be sure that this is not some kind of trick scammers use as Paypal is unfortunately used by scammers.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taobé 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Taobé
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass,

Thanks for your quick help/reply!

We absolutely have no intention to go against Paypal's policy. It's the client who proposed this way of transaction and I didn't even understand what he was talking about. I now found out the meaning of these types of transaction after googling it. I just wanted to be sure that this is not some kind of trick scammers use as Paypal is unfortunately used by scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.