Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious text messages

SOLVED
Highlighted

Suspicious text messages

Hi

I made a purchase this morning via Paypal which was for quite a lot more than I would normally pay for on my account.  One  hour later I received a message from 62226 concerning the transaction which said that the transaction was marked suspicious and to please reply "1" if authorised or "2" if not authorised.  I started to message "1" back but was warned by my mobile that I would incur a charge for this.  

I telephoned  Paypal but could not speak to a real person.  I did however during the course of the telephone call, confirm that the last five transactions (including the one today) had been authorised by myself.  Some time later I have again received a message exactly the same as above.  My instinct tells me to delete the message but has anyone else had this type of problem please??  PS I have checked my account and the transaction looks as though it is going through OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suspicious text messages

Hi judip,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like our security system detected a high-risk transaction and asked your authorisation to proceed with the payment. Usually, this may happen if you made a payment of a higher-than-usual amount or if the system is afraid that you did not authorise the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Suspicious text messages

Hi judip,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like our security system detected a high-risk transaction and asked your authorisation to proceed with the payment. Usually, this may happen if you made a payment of a higher-than-usual amount or if the system is afraid that you did not authorise the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Martina