Suspicious activity - Originating from a payment through a Facebook page for a watch.

J0n1
New Community Member

Hi.

I am quite concerned, I have been using Paypal for years without any issues, I saw a watch on an advertisment on Facebook and noticed that they accepted Paypal so thought that it would be the most secure way of paying for something.

Shortly after, I had a SMS saying that the transaction was marked as suspicious, and to reply "1" if authorised, "2" if not authorised, I replied "1" at first instance as I had authorised the payment but then recieved an SMS stating "Payment not completed. invalid phone number or email.Try again. Only UK numbers are supported. No country code..." Then I received another email asking to reply "1" if authorised, "2" if not authorised, I then replied "2" as I was concerned.

I logged into Paypal on a work computer and it said something about a security test and it would send a text message to a number I didn't recognise so I went to security settings and there were about 4 phone numbers I didn't recognise. 

Am I being hacked/scammed? I deleted the numbers, set up further security which will text me with a unique number.

Should I be worried? 

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.