Suspicious Text

Jade_B
New Community Member

I received an sms from a number urging me to log into my paypal account in order to remove some pending charges. I thought I had been hacked and so in my panic I didn’t check the number it came from. I clicked on the link attempted to enter my login details— I’m concerned about the potential security breach and I’m a little bit scared. Once I realised my mistake I changed my password, set up 2 factor ID, and a new backup pin almost instantly but I’m still very worried.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Jade_B,

Welcome to our Community Forums! I can certainly understand why you'd be concerned here. It sounds like you've already done everything we would normally recommend in this situation. Nice work! You may also want to run an Anti-Virus software scan on your computer to make sure nothing malicious was downloaded. From there, keep a weather eye on your email and funding sources for any unusual activity. If something does come up, report it right away through the Resolution Center. 

To report Spam or Phishing text messages, forward them to ‘7726’ (which is the keys for SPAM on most phones). Check with your service provider to find out if this service is supported or you can read more about the service on the GSMA website.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.