Suspicious PayPal Email

BuTurki
New Community Member

I’ve just received an email seeming it’s from PayPal informing me that PayPal noticed unusual activity on my account. We noticed some unusuaI activity on your PayPaI account. Hello <removed>, You still need to take action to protect your account. Until you do so, your PayPal account access will remain limited. What's going on? We noticed some unusual activity on your PayPal account o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]32 PM GMT-07:00 near San Jose CA and are concerned about potential unauthorized account access. Here is below a part of the statements in the email and there is a link on which I should login for verification. However, I discovered something wrong when I checked the email address which apparently doesn’t belong to PayPal (<Removed>) Who else received a similar email? The email was so professional in the language written and looking. I’m wondering how to communicate this suspicious email to PayPal. What to do next Please log in to your PayPal account and follow the steps there to confirm your identity and recent account activity. To help protect your account, your PayPal account will remain limited until you complete the necessary steps.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BuTurki,

I'm sorry to hear that you received a suspicious email, and I'm very glad that you were cautious! When in doubt, avoid links in emails and log directly into your account from a fresh browser by typing PayPal.com into the address bar of the browser. If there's a limitation, there will be messaging in your account that directs you to the Resolution Center.

Please take a look at this article for tips on spotting fake emails and for information about reporting suspicious emails to PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

abcPPP
New Community Member

I received the same kind of email and I did not click on the link provided in the email but chose, as you suggested here, to open a new browser and log into Paypal. There was no alert there so I assume I am safe however, I could not get a hold of a real support rep on-line to confirm this - very bad.  You should have "chat" capabilities because your robotic "help" does not help.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.