Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Rennieh
Contributor
Contributor

A charge for $12.73 has appeared on my bank statement citing "PayPal *Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as the payee. There is no corresponding notation in my PayPal on-line records. This is my linked account.

I did a little research on line and found three totally different stories behind this. One says its a legitamate PayPal charge to cover insufficient funds in my PayPal account. Another says it is a scam and needs to be reported to both PayPal and my bank.

Which is correct? If it's ligit, why does it not show in my PalPal statement?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

Skyscraper

Just came across this thread while researching a suspicious charge on my account, and

** I THINK I HAVE A CULPRIT **

I made an authorized Paypal payment through eBay back on 28 March 2016, for $290 to a user who seemed to be selling a lot of large items with free shipping. Got my item, no disputes, and figured that was that. The charge appeared on my statement for the correct amount, with byline: PAYPAL *DBA 402-935-7733 CA

While checking over my CC statement today, I noticed a suspicious charge for $100, with the byline: PAYPAL *TFL1 402-935-7733 CA. I noticed the matching telephone number (zip code is located in Nebraska) and there is no record of me making a $100 purchase through eBay since that purchase I made back in March.

Does this story sound similar to anyone else who's posted in this thread??

Login to Me Too

Thargog
New Community Member

Got a charge from "PAYPAL *ARROYOSECO 402-935-7733 CA" on August 8th, and apparently they dinged me back in June for $5.00 each time. DBA "Mark Paypal".

Contacted my Bank's fraud department who are investigating.

Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw my online account information, and have a mysterious charge from this number for "FEDERALWARR 402-935-7733" that seems to have stolen $6.77 for something I have never heard of. 
This charge claims to have come through PayPal, so I opened my PayPal account to see what it is, but there is NOTHING there....

As such, I cannot file a dispute on the charge because there is no such transaction listed on my account.

This was one of 2 such charges I received in my checking acount that both claim to be from PayPal, but neither of them is listed on my PayPal account, and I am now confused on how to proceed here. Is some scam artist thief stealing money from my account, and claiming to be using PayPal, or what??

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, *thief*

Login to Me Too

Officer_Wes
New Community Member

My fraudulent charge came through on my linked AMEX 9/17/2016 as "PAYPAL *JOE 402-935-7733 CA" $6.12

Login to Me Too

roumensp
New Community Member

Got a fraudulent charge from "PAYPAL *MEDICFRIEND 402-935-7733, ON" on Sep 17.  I don't have corresponding PayPal transaction.  The bank posted refund to my account and replaced the credit card with a new one.

Login to Me Too

DomD
New Community Member

I also got hit with 3 charges totaling over $5000 on my credit card from the same scammer. 

Login to Me Too

bearzRus
Contributor
Contributor

In my case a charge using this phone number and calling itself "GECKO JOINT" was a charge I had actually authorized.  As it happens the merchant was questionable but that is a different matter.

Login to Me Too

abstractangel11
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

I thought this was a fraudulent charge but after checking my paypal account I found it was an authorized transaction to http://www.Coupaw.com.   I had ordered items for my dogs and did receive them.  Just wanted it out there that this number does not automatically mean it's a fraudulent charge.  Check your accounts first. 

Login to Me Too

DJ_the-green
Contributor
Contributor

Does Paypal team ban him or what? This guy deposit $210 and withdraw $210 right away in my bank account through PayPal (I guess he tested if his scheme works or not first)

After that, I found 13 transactions was established through my debit card. He spent about $300 for uber and Groupon shopping spree. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.