(Still) Waiting for Money Transfer

BlueStreak
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so about a week go on the 3rd July I was sent some funds from someone in America (from their bank) into my PayPal account in the UK.

During the transfer, he saw that PayPal said the money should be available around the 10th July (yesterday). It isn't available... at all.

I don't even have a Pending... transaction showing on my recent activity. I understand that transfers to PayPal from a bank account can take 3-5 business days, but so far it's been 6 business days. So I'd kinda like to know where my money is, or if I'm even going to receive it any time soon.

I've been talking to the person who sent it, who also sent a second payment on 7th July, and was told it would be available around the 15th July, which sounds correct.

I've contacted PayPal and am currently waiting for a reply. In the mean time, does anyone have any ideas? Do I just need to wait a little longer?

Thanks,

Alex

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

BlueStreak
Contributor
Contributor

Also, uh... why on Earth is this in the Basics forum? I was in the Payments forum and chose Payments at the bottom. Created second thread in CORRECT forum with same title.. or so I thought. My second thread was ALSO placed in the wrong location.

Login to Me Too

Lettakaye
Contributor
Contributor
It said this was a solution to not receiving funds....where is the solution?? I transferred money from PayPal to my bank account and still haven't received it....
Login to Me Too

BlueStreak
Contributor
Contributor

I marked it as the solution because I cannot delete an entire thread, as this was placed in the wrong location on the forum. So I made a second thread with the same title in the correct location, but it still made it's way in the wrong location.

My second thread hasn't been answered, so I'm still waiting for help AND I'm still waiting for my money.

Login to Me Too

Lettakaye
Contributor
Contributor
Wth? Sounds like PayPal needs to step it up!
Login to Me Too

Mccteacher
New Community Member

I am having the same problem right now. Sent money from US to UK and it said money wasn't available for almost a week. Hasn't even sent the UK person notification that the money was sent. And I am currently on hold with paypal now (been on hold for almost 30 minutes). WHY the hold and no notification!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Elemenopi
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone ever receive a resolution to their transfer issues? I’m currently on month 5 waiting for $2500 in “missing” funds. PayPal says they transferred it but my bank has no record of anything (despite conducting two separate investigations into the matter) and PP refuses to do anything further to help. How did you resolve yours?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.